- Physical Health
- Mental Health
- Personal and Social Well-being
- Programme Design
- Performance Management
Summary of project:
Staywell – formerly Age Concern Kingston upon Thames - is an independent, award-winning charity providing a range of services for people in south-west London and Surrey.
Our core work is with older people and their carers and we aim to support our users to live with independence and dignity, decide the direction of their own lives and enjoy life as part of the community. This includes community outreach, information and advice, dementia support, home support and interventions, and a range of day services for older people. Over the years we have we have pioneered intergenerational practice, purposefully bringing together older and younger generations to promote greater understanding between them.
In a context of an ageing population, increasing pressures on the health and social care system and financial austerity, we are facing a challenge to focus limited resources on the target population that will benefit the most. We need to be better equipped to proactively engage with commissioners in making the impact case for wraparound older person support in the community. This is a critical solution for the health and social care system which simply cannot afford to treat and house the growing population of older and frail people with complex needs.
Grant funding will support us to:
• Test and rollout our hypothesis that refining our target population from all over 60s to focus on those at immediate risk of losing their independence will drive significantly greater health, independence and prevention of isolation outcomes.
• Refocus end of programme and long-term outcomes to be target population-specific and introduce short-term outcomes.
• Develop data collection tools to evidence outcomes and train all front-line staff.
• Re-design our services to better serve the needs of our target population, enabling us to re- negotiate our core contract and expand into new geographies.
• Integrate processes into our new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to embed impact management across our entire organisation